Monday, January 11, 2010

Graceful Like a Gazelle

At lunch today I decided to do big girl shopping. For real clothes in a department store. Typically, I am intimidated by department stores. The price tags scare me and the mannequins are creepy and sometimes what I think is a mannequin turns out to be a salesperson. I can feel the fluorescent lights sucking my soul out through the top of my head and there are just too many choices.

But I put on my big girl panties and decided, "Hey, I'm 27. Its time to behave as an adult and do adult shopping."

So I was browsing, feeling pretty cool, I was doing well, I was blending in, they truly thought I belonged there...ha! I had fooled them!

And then I walked face first into a display shelf and knocked 8,000 pairs of little girls boots into the aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment